Friday, October 30, 2015

5 Creative Tools to Use with Google Classroom: Storybird (5 of 5)


Storybird picked this up as part of their Google Classroom case study. Check out their post. 

As the final installation in the 5 Creative Tools series, Storybird truly gets imaginations going. Essentially, it's a way for students to create their own book and publish it online. Storybird lets student choose the set of artwork they like, then write their story based on the images.

My kindergartener published her first book in about 30 minutes, so I know from experience this is an incredible tool for even the youngest budding author.

Check out how it works with Google Classroom in the screencast below.


Check out the rest of this series:

6 comments:

  1. This has been a great series. Thank you for some great ideas. I'll be using your ideas in my next rotation! I can't wait. The video tutorials were very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad it's been useful. Once your students publish their work, feel free to post a few links in the comments here. It would be great to have some examples!

      Delete
  2. Hi Nicholas Keith -- great video. We recently added the share to Google classroom button to Storybird. Could we pull some quotes from your video for use in a case study and blog post we are writing about Google and Storybird?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Kaye,

      Absolutely! I love Storybird and think it's a great tool to encourage creativity, so anything I can do to encourage its use I'm happy to do.

      Delete
  3. Nicholas - can you email me at Kaye [at] Storybird [dot] com? I want to share the post with you before publishing. I'd also like to send your account some PDF credits as a thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are the five creative tools and you can use them with the Google classroom. Find the new way of the learning in this zone with click here and get the final touch of the learning here. You can also find more here.

    ReplyDelete